Monday 1 November 2010

On the Wall Exhibition - Solas Art Gallery

I shortly mentioned the little tapestries I knitted earlier here. All of them incorporate a heart, or several. Knitting them was a reaction to reading the papers, and to current politics reported by them, which made me sick. Economy, finance, budget seemed to be the only things important, while at the same time what is dearest to people is neglected. It seemed that people don't count other than as numbers in financial or budget equations. In this climate I felt the need to create something positive first for myself, to cope, and the hearts in my tapestries are a simple symbol for what I think is really important in the lives of individuals and in their interaction with others. Whatever it is for each one, it cannot be expressed by economic figures alone and the state cannot serve its people by concentrating only on these.

So I wish to tell that I'm delighted that three of my tapestries will be on show as part of the On the Wall exhibition in the Solas Art Gallery in Ballinamore, Co. Leitrim. The opening is next Friday, 5th November, at 7.30 pm. The exhibition runs until 27th November.

I saw only a few exhibits when I brought mine to the gallery, but I think it'll be an interesting exhibition alltogether.

For more information see here:
http://www.solasart.ie/2010/10/on-the-wall-press-release/

No comments:

Post a Comment